Lydia Place is a nonprofit, community-based agency serving homeless families since 1989. Lydia Place is an active participant in our community’s effort to end homelessness in Whatcom County.
What we do:
- Six month Transitional Housing Program
- Permanent Supportive Housing Placements
- Intensive Case Management
- Advocacy and Education
- Life Skills Classes
- Community resource referrals
New at Lydia Place
The Mother Of All Garage Sales Is COMING!
The Mother Of All Garage Sales Is Coming!
Mark Your Calendars for the 15th Annual Mother Of All Garage Sales Saturday and Sunday August 10th and 11th at the Sportsplex @ Civic Field.
VOLUNTEER: WE NEED YOU! To volunteer email Janet @ firstname.lastname@example.org call (360)671-7663
DONATIONS: We are seeking donated items that are in good condition for the garage sale.
Lydia Place can’t accept computer monitors and towers, large appliances, tires, mattresses, paint, sharp implements such as knives, and personal products that have been opened.
Items can be brought to the Sportsplex, 1225 Civic Field Way on the following dates/times:
Sat. Aug. 3 9am-4pm, Sun. Aug. 4 10am-4pm, Mon. Aug. 5-Wed. Aug. 7 10am-8pm
Lydia Place Human Race Team 2012
June 1, 2013 Lydia Place will take part in the Human Race, a nationwide community backed event organized by The Whatcom Volunteer Center to raise money for local charities and non-profits.
Whether you join us for the race inside the beautiful harbor loop of Bellingham Bay or donate to our team, your generous contribution allows Lydia Place get to our donation goal. Lydia Place will receive 75% of your donations which goes directly to support our programs that establish sustained independence by providing housing, supportive services, advocacy, education, and by raising community awareness of the faces and causes of homelessness.
Please visit our team page at: http://www.humanracewvc.org/goto/LydiaPlace to join or donate today!
Thank you for your contribution and we will see you at the race!
Kids Northwest Ladies Night Out!
Downtown Ladies Night Out!
Lydia Place in partnership with Buffalo Exchange, Kids Northwest, The Real McCoy, Toni & Guy and the Greenhouse will be participating in Bellingham’s Ladies Night Out on May 16th, from 5:00 to 8:00pm.
We invite you to grab your girlfriends, sisters, daughters, in-laws, neighbors and even husbands or dates to primp, shop and sip for a great cause! Go check out exclusive sales, promotions, food and drink specials!
Have fun shopping while supporting a good cause.
Ladies Night Out is all about what you make of it! The theme is Pretty in Purple, which also happens to be Lydia Place colors! So dress to the hilt and Happy Shopping!
Live Auction Preview!
12th annual spring gala & auction~ May 17th
Here is a taste of some of the amazing live auction items….
Live Auction Preview!!
1. Photography package by Turner Photographics
- A unique and personal portrait of you, your family, and even your pets, taken on location at one of your favorite spots in Whatcom County or in the studio, by award-winning photographer, Mark Turner. Includes a $275 credit toward completed wall portraits and gift portraits~ Donated by Turner Photopraphics
2. Diamonds, diamonds, diamonds- and platinum!
- You wont want to miss this opportunity to own a very special piece of jewelry. Diamonds galore in a beautiful platinum setting weighing over 18.5 grams. With a certified appraised value of $8,775, this amazing ring is one you wont want to miss! 39 invisible set princess cut diamonds and 108 pave’ set round brilliant cut diamonds combine for a total carat weight of 4.07! Reserve bid $5700.
3. One Week in Hawaiian paradise-Maui
- 6 day 7 night stay in a beautiful condo located in the heart of Lahaina on the beautiful Hawaiian Island of Maui, 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo sleeps 4, Fully equipped kitchen and a washer/dryer. Enjoy shopping, lounging by the pool, and all Maui has to offer~ Donated by Craig Dunn
4. Wellness Package
- You will feel as good as new with this diverse and rejuvenating package of therapeutic and spa treatments! One hour Reiki treatment with Mountain Island Reiki, Two one hours medical massages at Whatcom Chiropractic Center,
- One refreshing facial from Dale Johnson, of Sandalwood Salon, and
- Two 60 minute acupuncture treatments with Michele Siemion F., MS Lac. ~ Donated by all the participating providers
5. Lummi Island Escape
- The perfect stay-cation! Enjoy an overnight stay on beautiful Lummi Island in the fabulous Nettles Farm B&B, including breakfast. You are in for a very special treat with dinner for two at The Willows. ~thank you tho these businesses for your donations
6. Club seats for 2 at the Mariner’s vs. Oakland A’s
- Experience a Mariners game from the Club Level view with this games at Safeco Field. Game time is 1:10pm. Includes King of Perfection—DVD of Felix Hernandez first Mariners perfect game, August 15, 2012. ~Donated by Diana Bristol
7. A night to remember
- Perfect for that someone special in your life, this package has it all! Enjoy a one-night stay at the fabulous Fairhaven Village Inn, dinner at Mambo Italiano, dessert from Sirena Gelato, and a one-hour couples massage with steam sauna and foot bath from Blessings Salon and Spa. ~Donated by Village Inn, Blessings Salon, Sirena Gelato, and Louis Auto Glass
8. Diamonds and Gold!
- Set in 14KT yellow gold, this is a lady’s graduating band with 58 prong set round brilliant cut diamonds weighing in at a total of 1.77 carats. This stunning ring is sure to look great and impress everyone who sees it. Appraised value of $3875. Reserve bid of $2350.
9. Two round-trip tickets anywhere Alaska Air flies!
- A $2500 value, these tickets have no restrictions and are sure to be the start of a wonderful memory!
10. Financial Planning Session with Treea Tripton, LPL Financial
- Check out all Treena has to offer and kick start your financial planning with this great opportunity!
11. Silver Reef Executive Experience Package
- You are sure to score some points with this one! Treat a special someone to a fabulous dinner for two at The Steak House and a one hour massage coupled with either a men’s executive facial or women’s classic spa facial.
12. Fly away to San Juan for 2
- Experience the beauty of the San Juan Islands form the air as you fly from Bellingham to Friday Harbor with Northwest Sky Ferry,
- Enjoy a 55 minute massage of your choice for two at Earthbox Inn & Spa in beautiful downtown Friday Harbor,
- Spend the night at the Earthbox Inn & Spa,
- Fly home on Northwest Sky Ferry
- thanks to: Northwest Sky Ferry & Earthbox Inn & Spa
13. Chuckanut Drive Getaway in Style!
- Experience Chuckanut Drive as never before with a 3 day weekend rental of a Porsche Boxster or Cayman from Roger Jobs Motors, Enjoy a fabulous dinner at the Oyster Bar, Stay the night at the Chrysalis Inn and Spa in a deluxe room with a full bay view ~thanks to: Oyster Bar, The Chrysalis Inn and Spa, Roger Jobs Motors
14. “Princess Party” to Remember
- Don’t miss this unique opportunity for an unforgettable party for your young one and her friends!
- Courtesy of Selene Homestead, this “Princess Party” includes snacks, princess dress ups, and venue space for a party for up to 6 little ones.
- An amazing Dessert Bar, provided by Totally Unique Designs, makes this the perfect package for that little someone special
- thanks to: Selene Homestead and Totally Unique Designs
15. our local favorites-Bham food tour
- If you love great food, then this is the package for you! $300 worth of gift certificates to local favorites including: Kyoto Japenses Steakhouse, Scotty Browns, Boundary Bay Brewing Company, Skylark’s Hidden Café, and Thai House ~thanks to: all the above restaurants and Louis Auto Glass
Check our Spring Gala & Auction page each week as we add new items!
Must see video- family helped by Lydia Place and partners
Click the link below to see a short and moving video of a wonderful family who Ashley Thomasson, Lydia Place/WHSC case manager, helped find a permanent home. The video was made by the Whatcom Volunteer Center to highlight the House 2 Home program which helps formerly homeless families furnish their new homes with donated furniture from the community. This is a great example of how the community can come together, through many partnerships, to help create a better future for our children.
More Blog Entries